glibc-2.3 is out

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Fri Oct 4 12:51:40 PDT 2002

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:26:00 +1000 Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip.com.au>
wrote:

> This is a really huge pain for LFS. Now we are going to have to jump
> thru' hoops just to run a static bash shell (linked on a glibc-2.2.5 or
> earlier based system). Unless someone figures out a painless way to make
> it work..

Try

sed -e 's/nss/FOO/g' -e 's/libn/FOOB/g' /static/bin/bash >patched-bash

and see if patched-bash works. This is a brutal hack but in my test strace
shows no references to any libnss anymore (there's still a reference to
libc.so.6, so it may still be necessary to make this available through
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

MSB

--
Why is TV called a medium?
Because it's neither rare nor well done.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org