bash and glibc2.3

Lee Hancock Lee at hancock1980.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Oct 5 04:57:21 PDT 2002

Its  has paid off, I now have a lfs system running glibc2.3. Just to recap
on what i did :-

Build a static dir as in Chapter 5.
Entered the chmod environment and compiled glibc2.3.
Exit the chmod environment and replaced bash with redhats8 bash.
Re-entered chmod environment and compiled sh-utils, file utils, findutils,
and bison as in chapter 6.
Then recreated the static dir as in chapter 5. Now i have as static dir
binary compatible with glibc2.3.

To make sure glibc2.3 is properly installed i got rid of everything on my
$LFS partion expect the new static dir and started chapter 6 again.

The reason why gcc didn't compiles is because some last minute changes were
made in glibc 2.3. See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-10/msg00337.html for
information and patch.

Good luck everyone.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org