glibc-2.3 is out

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Oct 5 06:21:10 PDT 2002

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 01:00:38PM +0200, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> I'm very disappointed. You have a broken sed (overoptimization? tweaks?
> bug in new glibc?) and you're NOT going to investigate????? Is this really
> Greg Schafer I'm talking to here ? ;-)

Ahem.. twas a tweak actually   <hangs head in shame>

It seems the glibc regex doesn't cope with binaries or sumthin.

I usually configure sed with "--with-regex=" which forces it to use the
system (glibc) regex instead of its own.

Guess I won't be doing that again!

Thanks for spurring me on to investigate.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org