glibc-2.3 is out

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sat Oct 5 07:07:46 PDT 2002

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 23:21:10 +1000 Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip.com.au>
wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 01:00:38PM +0200, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> > I'm very disappointed. You have a broken sed (overoptimization?
> > tweaks? bug in new glibc?) and you're NOT going to investigate????? Is
> > this really Greg Schafer I'm talking to here ? ;-)
>
> Ahem.. twas a tweak actually   <hangs head in shame>
>
> It seems the glibc regex doesn't cope with binaries or sumthin.

Hmm. That sucks, but it makes sense. glibc/POSIX's regexec() doesn't take
a size argument for the string to apply the matching to, which means that
it only works on 0-terminated strings. Too bad that sed can't use PCRE.
That would be a nice tweak.

MSB
--
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org