MailingList <==> NewsGroup Suggestion(s)

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Sat Oct 5 09:59:48 PDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 11:11:36AM -0500, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> Maybe lfs-security can be eliminated since there is not much traffic
> there and the same things could be discussed on the support/dev groups.

The low traffic is good. I don't know if anyone is doing this, but I can
see people who don't stick around subscribing to security just for some
quick news about the packages they have installed. That keeps them from
having to wade through a bunch of emails, or constantly checking
webpages for new vulnerabilities. Again, I don't know if some are doing
this or not, but it seems rather handy to have this type of narrow info
available with much less effort. I, for one, subscribe to announce
and/or security lists for many packages. It's somewhat like the Redhat
advisory emails without the Redhat 'We screwed up' messages. :)

--
Archaic

--
All governments are more or less combinations against the people. . .and
as rulers have no more virtue than the ruled. . .  the power of

- Benjamin Franklin Bache, in a Phildelphia Aurora editorial 1794

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org