Clarification on installing Linux headers

Jim Mischel jim at mischel.com
Sun Oct 6 13:29:00 PDT 2002

In Chapter 6, Installing Linux-2.4.19 where we install the kernel headers,
the description of "linux kernel headers" reads:

"These are the files we copy to /usr/include/{linux,asm} in Chapter 5. They
should match those which glibc was compiled against and therefore should not
be replaced when upgrading the kernel. They are essential for compiling many
programs."

Now I just went through Chapter 5 last night, and don't recall copying any
headers to /usr/include/linux or /usr/include/asm.  I grep'd the HTML files
for Chapter 5 and didn't see any reference to /usr/include anywhere.  What
gives?

Jim

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org