distributed compiliation

Ronald Hummelink ronald at hummelink.xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 6 15:27:00 PDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-10-06 at 21:43, joerg.beyer at email.de wrote:
> Dear linux-from-scratch developers,
>
> I am new to lfs and I have only a small question: as far as I understand lfs, you
> compile all/al lot of the packages for each installation of lfs. Do you use any
> tool to distribute the compilation on more than one host? I am writing a tool
> (gecc.sf.net) to do generic distribution (and caching) of C/C++ compilation and a friend
> pointed me to lfs and asked me what you use to speep up compilation.

I only keep chapter 5 tarred up normally, unless big changes happened.
I do know about distcc (distcc.samba.org) and ccache (ccache.samba.org)
that sound awfully close to what you describe for your project, but i
haven't tried either of them, nor your project as yet.

Maybe off-topic, but also may be of interest anyway ;)