grub and alpha tar

Ronald Hummelink maillist at hummelink.xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 7 13:35:16 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 22:02, Timothy Bauscher wrote:
> There was a discussion a while back about including grub
> in the book. We've frozen LILO, and I'd rather not see an
> old version of LILO in the next book release. I think that
> now is a perfect time to switch to grub.

Grub runs fine for me, it was a bit of a sour apple to figure out how
grub works (which is a bit of a con) but now i know i like it more then
Lilo. I'm all for it.

Has the lilo author been asked wether the dual assembler dependency will
stay or that lilo will move to nasm and drop bin86?

> And, not so important: what about tar-1.13-25?

Running this tar for a while now. no problems.