[roland at redhat.com: Re: More info on static binary/libnss* mystery]

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Mon Oct 7 13:57:52 PDT 2002

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 05:08:56PM +0200, zigman2k wrote:
> couldn't we build glibc-2.3 than build chapter 5 linked to that glibc ? then chroot into it and build ch6 as usual ?
> michael

You obviously have not been paying attention. That suggestion has been made
plenty of times already.

The only trouble is. It doesn't really work. If you install glibc-2.3 into
say /opt/glibc-2.3, then those libnss using static binaries go looking for
/opt/glibc-2.3/lib/libnss* when run inside the chroot. No segfaults, but
libnss functionality not there.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org