grub and alpha tar

Lee Hancock Lee at hancock1980.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 7 14:19:47 PDT 2002

  Personally myself I prefer lilo, but your distro your rules ;o). I think
you should  give people the option as this debate could be everlasting;
someone will always agree or disagree.

  Been running tar and gzip from alpha.gnu.org for ages now, not yet
incurred any problems. If you look at most major distros, slackware,
mandrake, redhat they all are using the alpha version of tar.

news:20021007200250.GD25299 at shadowfax...