grub and alpha tar

Seth W. Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Mon Oct 7 16:07:16 PDT 2002

Timothy Bauscher <timothy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> There was a discussion a while back about including grub
> in the book. We've frozen LILO, and I'd rather not see an
> old version of LILO in the next book release. I think that
> now is a perfect time to switch to grub.
>
> And, not so important: what about tar-1.13-25?

I support switching both. I use both grub and "alpha" tar, and they
work perfectly.

As for whether to grub or not to grub, after switching to grub on my
workstation and using yaboot while setting up my iBook, i cannot imagine
willingly using a boot loader that doesn't allow me to specify arbitrary
kernel images at boot.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org