[roland at redhat.com: Re: More info on static binary/libnss* mystery]

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 7 19:34:09 PDT 2002

On October 7, 2002 08:04 pm, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Yes it is, thanks.  But now for follow up questions.  If we keep /bin,
> /lib, /usr/lib, /usr/bin out of the appropriate search paths during
> chapter 6, it would appear that they wouldn't find libnss* and the
> builds could proceed. Has that been tied?  Alternatively, would moving
> /lib/libnns* and /usr/lib/nss* somewhere else until we are ready work?

I need to re-read this entire thread again. I've lost track of what has been
suggested and what has been proven and disproven.

At first glance, this looks like something that might work. But I think it has
been tried and there were other drawbacks that aren't that obvious to spot.

> I'll be glad to try, but I don't have time until Friday.  I suspect
> someone else will try it before then if it hasn't been tried already.

I'm trying to give it another go one of these days if I can find some time.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org