grub and alpha tar

Christian Mudra mudra at informatik.uni-kl.de
Tue Oct 8 03:16:09 PDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 09:48:56AM +0200, Michael Wahlbrink wrote:
> <cut>
> 2. enhance the lfs patch, that the tar is no longer broken! That would
> be the way we also do with other packages...
> The state we have at the moment is more or less inacceptable (at the tar
> thing)!
> I'm using the nonstable version and does not have had any problems since
> nearly a year!!

I've also changed to tar 1.13.25 because of the --exclude option,
as I need that for some automatic archive generation in nightly cronjobs.
Have never seen any probs. But in the last days, this issue showed up:
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/5834

Christian.

Christian Mudra              Just remember what your mother always told you:
mudra at informatik.uni-kl.de       "When you open windows you let in bugs".
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org