Shutdown scripts

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Wed Oct 9 15:35:53 PDT 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 12:28:19 -0500
"DJ Lucas" <dj_me at swbell.net> wrote:

> "Vassili Dzuba" wrote in message
>

> > Is there some good reason not to change K80network into
> > for instance K45network  (or whatever, but before  K50sendsignals)
> >

> > Vassili Dzuba
>
> Vassili,
>
> This has been discussed before, briefly, off of the list.  It was decided
> that the bootscripts should not be changed at that time for one small
> error.  We do recomend in the BLFS book that the script be moved.

Hi,

I didn't found this recommendation in the BLFS book, while i found it
in your hint of course.

> I do see some logic in moving the script in lfs-bootscripts, however
> I think it's best left to the person building his/her own LFS for now.
> Remembering that one of the primary goals of LFS is educational
> value, this situation makes for a very good learning experience as
> far as the init scripts are concerned.  Perhaps it should (not??) be
> moved.  I'm interested to hear what others have to say however.
>
> DJ Lucas

As i'm currently working on a BLFS profile, i would prefer that such
problem did not appear after running the profile.

Probably then the easiest way is to make the 'mv' in the BLFS profile.

I was interested however to know if there are cases where the shutdown
of the network should happen after the sendsignals.

Vassili Dzuba
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org