inetutils

Tushar T tush at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 09:00:43 PDT 2002

Dan Osterrath wrote:

>>I use it, eliminated syslog, netkit and whois on my system. Two less
>>packages to maintain:)
>>

>Any other reasons? pro's and contra's needed

Mainly I moved becoz inetutils is better maintained and compiles cleanly
on gcc3. Other than that I didn't see any difference in the system
operation (and there shouldn't be). BTW, I don't use syslogd anymore,
moved to metalog. The only con I see is that it doesn't have any
/etc/services or /etc/protocols file but there is a hint which handles
that (and is more complete anyways).

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377