Perl doesn't configure properly, help?????

Luke A. Guest laguest at nospam.abyss2.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 13:49:33 PDT 2002

>         make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/perl-5.8.0/x2p'
>         makefile:156: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.
>         make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/perl-5.8.0/x2p'
>         make: *** [x2p/s2p] Error 2

I forgot to mention that the makefile generated has this at that line:

        # AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED MAKE DEPENDENCIES--PUT NOTHING BELOW THIS LINE
        # If this runs make out of memory, delete /usr/include lines.
        cmp: perlmain.c: No such file or directory

So, the makefile is generated incorrectly.

Thanks again,
Luke.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org