whoami: cannot find username for UID 0

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Thu Oct 10 14:31:54 PDT 2002

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:24:10 +0200 da02043 at mail.ikasths.dk (da02043)
wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> I guess the subject speaks for itself... :-)
>
> I just finished ch 5 and continued with the installation of the headers
> and glibc-2.3 without problems. I removed /lib/libnss_{files,
> compat}.so.2 to avoid bash segfaults. Only problem is that some programs
> (sysvinit and util-linux) wont 'make install' because 'whoami' wont
> return the username. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Move the libnss files back. By the time you compile sysvinit and
util-linux, you should already be running the chapter 6 bash, fileutils
and sh-utils which are all compiled against the new glibc and hence should
not segfault even with libnss in place.

MSB

--
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked
something.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org