whoami: cannot find username for UID 0

da02043 da02043 at mail.ikasths.dk
Thu Oct 10 14:55:19 PDT 2002

On Thursday 10 October 2002 11:31 pm, you wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:24:10 +0200 da02043 at mail.ikasths.dk (da02043)
>
> wrote:
> > Hi all...
> >
> > I guess the subject speaks for itself... :-)
> >
> > I just finished ch 5 and continued with the installation of the headers
> > and glibc-2.3 without problems. I removed /lib/libnss_{files,
> > compat}.so.2 to avoid bash segfaults. Only problem is that some programs
> > (sysvinit and util-linux) wont 'make install' because 'whoami' wont
> > return the username. Does anybody have any suggestions?
>
> Move the libnss files back. By the time you compile sysvinit and
> util-linux, you should already be running the chapter 6 bash, fileutils
> and sh-utils which are all compiled against the new glibc and hence should
> not segfault even with libnss in place.
>
> MSB

Unfortunately those files are lost (because it is late and im tired and i ran
out of coffee :-)). I deleted them... The script i made to replace whoami is
working fine, but i still think i will start over and then _carefully move_
the nss files out of the way.... Then i will try again :-) Thanx for the help
btw...

John Nielsen

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org