Shutdown scripts

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Thu Oct 10 14:58:06 PDT 2002

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:03:39 -0500
"DJ Lucas" <dj_me at swbell.net> wrote:

> "Vassili Dzuba" wrote in message
> > I didn't found this recommendation in the BLFS book, while i found it
> > in your hint of course.
> >

> You are correct, I had forgotten about that.  It was decided to be left out
> due to the fact that if lfs-bootscripts were updated, the end user would
> have two copies of network running at K45 and K80.
>
> > As i'm currently working on a BLFS profile, i would prefer that such
> > problem did not appear after running the profile.
> >
> > Probably then the easiest way is to make the 'mv' in the BLFS profile.
> >
> > I was interested however to know if there are cases where the shutdown
> > of the network should happen after the sendsignals.
>
> None that I can think of specifically, in fact, it'd seem just the opposite.
> Most would want to gracefully shutdown all of the network daemons
> before the network (for log and cache files to be written), and before
> send signals forcefully kills them (where the cache file is not written
> in the case of dhcpcd).

So I would vote for moving the K80network to K45network as there seems to
be so far no real argument against it.
well, I understand that LSF if not necessarily a democracy ;-)

As for the argument that the naive LFSer will learn something by stumbling on the problem,
I think he/she will find enough occasions to learn something without that...

> > Vassili Dzuba
>
> DJ Lucas

Vassili Dzuba
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org