"where possible" ?

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Fri Oct 11 12:46:58 PDT 2002

The section "Which Platform?" says
"We attempt to include information where possible on differences for other
platforms such as PPC."

IIRC it was recently discussed that the book will not include PPC and
other platform patches and will not mention things such as different boot
loaders that need to be used etc. These things are not in the book because
there are too few users of these platforms to justify the increased
complexity and maintenance burden, but it would certainly be possible to
include this information in the book. I don't think that in light of this
the above sentence is honest. It should be removed and the users of these
platforms should instead be encouraged to ask on the mailing lists (the
current wording "feel free to... Even better..." sounds a bit reluctant.)

MSB

--
He who SHOUTS is always wrong.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org