Vote: Grub vs LILO

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sun Oct 13 07:20:42 PDT 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 08:49:05 -0500 Andrew Friedley <saai at swbell.net>
wrote:

> > The Grub vs LILO issue seems to come up more frequently now. I'd like
> > to have a small vote to see if we have any clear majority on this
> > issue. Just follow up to this message with "LILO" or "GRUB" <snip>
>
> Who cares what the majority wants.

I'm sure Gerard does.

>and i dont appreciate this spam in my inbox.  If you want to see
> what a majority of the people think then look through the archives.

I had never expected so many votes. The Grub vs LILO discussions never had
that many participants (mostly the same people going back and forth). The
discussions gave me the impression that the LILO and GRUB camps were about
even. But as this vote shows, there seems to be a large number of Grub
users who do not participate in the LILO vs GRUB discussions/wars. So my
impression is that this vote is etremely valuable because it gives people
a way of expressing their preference without having to join a pointless
war. Besides, I'm sure your mailer can filter by subject.

MSB

--
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org