patch description missing for gcc

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 13 08:24:43 PDT 2002

On Sun, 13, Oct, 2002 at 01:39:54PM +0200, Matthias Benkmann spoke thus..
> On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:35:28 +0200 Matthias Benkmann
> <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:
>
> > The section "Installing GCC-3.2" does not explain what the patch does.
>
> I just notice that it is in chapter 5. Is it general policy not to repeat
> patch descriptions? I think a lot of people regard chapter 5 as the less
> important chapter (the system built with it is a dirty temporary hack) and
> use chapter 6 for reference. So patch descriptions should be in chapter 6.

AIUI if we use the same patch or options (e.g. --enable-blah) in chapter
5 and 6, it's been the policy up to now not to repeat it.

Mark

"We have three realistic alternatives: (1) Sit here and get blown up, (2)
 Stand here and get blown up, (3) Jump up and down, shout at me for not being
 able to think of anything, then get blown up."
     Holly, Red Dwarf Series III - Bodyswap
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org