Ownership of kernel headers

Zack Winkles sativa93 at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 13 11:15:48 PDT 2002

When we unpack the kernel at the beginning of chapter 5 we neglect to
change their ownership to root. In their current condition if a user
just happened to get assigned the same UID as the kernel, then they
would have free reign to modify the sources to their heart's content.
Do we really want a user modifying our kernel sources without the
permission of the administator? I think not...
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org