Grub vs LILO

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 13 13:27:28 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 07:53:22PM +0100, Lee Hancock wrote:
> I prefer lilo but why not make it optional? Let the person who is compiling
> lfs choose, after all your distro, your rules.

It is allready optional.  The issue is more about what the book should
be including by default.

If/when lilo gets switched with grub, support for lilo is not just going
to go away, it will be moved into the blfs-book and notes such as we
have done for vim/the editor will be added about the option of using a
different bootloader.

This is just a sad, old, bad debate that isn't going away anytime soon.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org