Fw: gcc 3.2 patches

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon Oct 14 01:08:52 PDT 2002

The following message was sent to lfs-support. The problem this message
points out is that the book does not explain what the problem is that the
nofixincludes patch fixes. The current explanation "This prevents the
fixincludes script from running." is just stating the obvious (when you
look at the patch). The explanation should be improved to state WHY we're
doing this and the explanation should be clear enough so that people see
that this is only needed in chapter 5. Could someone please write such an
explanation and also reply to the respective message on lfs-support. I
don't remember the fixincludes discussion.

MSB

Begin forwarded message: