ncurses and gcc 3.3

hackbard hackbard at hackdaworld.dyndns.org
Mon Oct 14 16:09:03 PDT 2002

hi

> It seems GCC 3.3 has dropped even more compatibility with broken C++ code.
> ncurses failed to compile for me because the <strstream.h> header is
> missing (the standard conforming name is <sstream>). The attached patch is
> a small extension to the current LFS patch. I assume it will work with gcc
> 3.1 and 3.2, too. If someone can confirm that I think this new patch

i can confirm this. i already pointed to that at
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2002/10/0296.html .

i also recognized that 'multi string literals feature' problem with tar your
pointing to in another thread. this will happen for a lot of packages (not
covered by lfs book) too, and is pretty annoying. are there other
possibilities then always patching the sources fprintf (or whatever) lines?

thanks for help, frank

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org