kbd-1.08 patch [was: Re: New kbd package release.]

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Tue Oct 15 08:33:19 PDT 2002

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:15:25 -0400 "Dan Huckson" <dhuckson at sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> kbd-1.08 was released Oct/12/2002 is it still nessary to apply the
> kbd-1.06 patch to this release?

Partly. The code patches that fix some loadkeys bugs are not necessary
anymore, but the Makefile patches still are because they make the package
install some useful programs (setlogcons setvesablank getunimap) that are
not installed by default.
Furthermore, one of the problems the old patch has fixed was declared a
feature by the maintainer, so instead of fixing it in the code, my new
patch fixes the manpage to properly describe the behaviour.
I have attached the updated patch for kbd-1.08.
If you don't need/want the additional 3 programs and if you can live with
a slightly incorrect manpage (who reads manpages anyway ;-) you don't need
to apply the patch.

MSB

--
Nietzsche: God is dead!