kbd-1.07/1.08 loadkeys -d

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Tue Oct 15 08:34:02 PDT 2002

Hallo,

I've noticed that you decided not to apply my change to make loadkeys -d
not search the current directory for defkeymap. Instead you added a
comment to the source code that the search starts in the current
directory. However, this doesn't fix the real problem, which is that the
manpage creates the impression that only system locations will be searched
for a default keymap. Although MHO is that searching the current directory
for a "default" keymap does not make sense and is not what users will
expect, if you decide to keep it that way you should document it in the
loadkeys manpage.

MSB

--
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org