unstable branch for LFS

zigman2k zigman at gmx.net
Tue Oct 15 13:39:15 PDT 2002

isn't this discussion about stable/unstable book started because of the major
gcc and glibc updates (especially the glibc part)... and how often are those
"incompatible versions to previus versions" releases (like gcc-3.3 and glibc-2.3)?
once every year or so ?
and btw.... correct me if i'm wrong... but the reason that gcc-3.3 doesn't compile
ncurses and man isn't because gcc isn't stable.. its because the ncruses and man
sources are kinda broken and need to be fixed...
what i am saying is that maybe a "glibc-2.2.5 to glibc-2.3.1 update hint". and just
go on and use the new stuff in cvs
michael