A note about nasm

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 16 00:52:25 PDT 2002

Last night much to my chagrin I discovered that syslinux now also requires
nasm (maybe it did before and I just didn't remember it), so people who
need to use syslinux are going to need nasm now, not just for lilo.

All things considered, building nasm and syslinux are almost
mind-numbingly simple.  Considering what these two do, I question the
usefulness of even bothering to try to impose any kind of optimizing flags
on them.  Seems like it would take five year's worth of use to get back
the fifteen seconds it might take to do something other run the makes with
no fancy arguments.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org