gcc problems with glibc-2.3

John Nielsen da02043 at mail.ikasths.dk
Wed Oct 16 02:53:56 PDT 2002

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 09:56 am, you wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> John Nielsen wrote:
> > Hi all...
> >
> > I am trying to build lfs with glibc-2.3 using the LD_LIBERRY_PATH hack
> > and i have managed to install every package except gcc without problems.
> > Gcc however is giving me problems. I am using gcc-20021010 and the static
> > one installed without a hitch...
> >
> > I have installed bison, perl, autoconf, automake, m4 and i dont remember
> > which other packages the gcc manual said was neseserry to build a cvs
> > gcc, so i dont think its a dependency problem.
> >
> > Has anyone had similar problems?
> >
> > Here is the last of the output:
>
> [...]
>
> > gengtype-yacc.o:/usr/src/source/gcc-build/gcc/gengtype-yacc.y:190: more
> > undefined references to `lexer_line' follow
> > gengtype-yacc.o: In function `yyparse':
> > /usr/share/bison/bison.simple:791: undefined reference to `yyerror'
> > /usr/share/bison/bison.simple:795: undefined reference to `yyerror'
> > /usr/share/bison/bison.simple:799: undefined reference to `yyerror'
> > /usr/share/bison/bison.simple:924: undefined reference to `yyerror'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > make[2]: *** [gengtype] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/source/gcc-build/gcc'
> > make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/source/gcc-build/gcc'
> > make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
> >
> > This is the last problem i need to solve to be running the new glibc.
> >
> > John Nielsen
>
> Had this same error ;-( it's gone away by usin the bison version from
> lfs4.0 (I think that is 1.35) . I've had this error with bison 1.50 and
> some other errors with bison 1.75. I'll try further. how to get this to
> work ;-)
>
> hth
> micha

Strange... I am allready using bison-1.35. I havent tried any other version of
bison than 1.35 but i have tried to reinstall several times. I am going to
try to reinstall again with some of the other versions of bison. Maybe that
helps :-)

Other than that it seems like im going nowhere fast...

John Nielsen

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org