unstable branch for LFS

Timothy Bauscher timothy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 17 11:12:57 PDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 02:10:33PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I haven't read all the replies to this thread, but one I did read was that it
> might be hard for us the editors to maintain two seperate books.

I like the idea of an unstable branch. However, we (the
current CVS editors) don't have enough man power to pull
this off alone. The unstable branch would need it's own
group of devoted "editors".

IMO, the unstable branch should serve as a testing ground,
not as educational material. As such, it could be stripped
of everything except installation commands and explanations.

It would need it's own mailing list, and, IMO, it's own cvs
module.

On a personal note, I've been increadibly busy lately. School,
work, and "group projects" (*sigh*) have been eating my time.
And now, I need to study for my midterm...

--
timothy(at)linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org