Compile static against local glibc

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Thu Oct 17 11:22:59 PDT 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:45:13 +0200 Jan Stifter <j.stifter at medres.ch>
wrote:

> Mathias,
>
> On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:55:58 +0200, Matthias Benkmann
> <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:47:49 +0200 Jan Stifter <j.stifter at medres.ch>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> which workaround?
> >
> >See messages in thread "glibc-2.3" from 2002-10-14.
> >

> I looked at this thread before, but it doesn't help me with my
> problem:
> after compiling glibc-3.2.1 in the chroot environment, I would like to
> reenter and execute the newly compiled bash.

I don't understand what you mean. Which newly compiled bash? After
compiling glibc-3.2.1 there is no newly compiled bash. Compiling glibc
creates a newly compiled glibc, but no new bash (why would compiling glibc
create a new bash????).
Now the problem is that right after compiling glibc, the old static bash
(which the LFS book tells you to exec after building glibc with "exec
/static/bin/bash --login") will segfault. This also means that reentering
chroot (which also uses the static bash, as you can see from the chroot
command) fails. To work around this problem, use either

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2002/10/0480.html
(ATTENTION! ls must be put into the for loop with bash and tar)

or

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2002/10/0475.html

MSB

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org