Error compiling Zlib 1.1.4

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Thu Oct 17 11:32:19 PDT 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:18:56 +0200 (MET DST) "Florian FERNANDEZ"
<Florian.Fernandez2 at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Matthias Benkmann <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:
>
> > /usr/include/stdio.h:34:21: stddef.h: No such file or directory
> >
> >This is part of the linux headers. Make sure you have installed them
> >correctly. I'm not sure but if you had not installed them correctly it
> >could be that you may have to start over with chapter 6. I don't know
> >if glibc compiles properly if the linux headers are not installed
> >properly.
>
> I installed kernel one more time and got the same error.
>
> How can I know what is the path where gcc search linux header files ?

Actually it doesn't look for the linux header files at all. gcc keeps its
own stddef.h copy in /usr/lib/gcc-lib/.....
If you had not installed your linux headers correctly before compiling
glibc, you will probably need to recompile glibc and gcc.

MSB

--
The real art of conversation
is not only to say the right thing at the right time,

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org