gcc-core

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 18 09:37:00 PDT 2002

On October 10, 2002 04:40 am, Greg Schafer wrote:
> No longer does a newbie get to learn about the --enable-languages
> switch. This is not good IMHO.

Like Timothy said, there is a pointer to the BLFS book. I actually see it the
other way around: you get to learn about the core packages as well as the
regular package and see the differences (provided you take the time to
actually read the BLFS book).

Now you may come with the (valid) point that the BLFS book isn't well known
yet and that it seems to be a completely seperate project so a lot of people
won't be readin the BLFS book thus missing out on it.

That's true at the moment and definitely is something we all have to be
working on. I'd like to see the LFS and BLFS books used in conjunction; that
every LFS'er automatically becomes an BLFS'er. This can simply be done by
putting a note at the end of LFS-Book's chapter 9 saying that you're not
finished. There's a sequal to the LFS Book called BLFS that should be read as
well.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org