whoami: cannot find username for UID 0

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 18 10:09:45 PDT 2002

On October 11, 2002 09:12 am, da02043 wrote:
> glibc problem (again)" If we can link the libnss_* files static instead of
> dynamic as we do now in ch5, the /static/ binaries will no longer need
> /lib/nss_* libs and they still have access to the nss stuff they need. Your
> thoughts Frank?

The problem there is that you need static libnss libraries to be able to link
them in statically. Distributions don't come with static libnss libraries
because Glibc doens't create them normally speaking. I haven't seen a
distribution yet (other than LFS where people themselves have them built)
that comes with static libnss. So that's going to be a bit of a problem.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org