Ownership of kernel headers

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 18 11:18:11 PDT 2002

On October 13, 2002 05:13 pm, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
> Argh, dang it.  This was also an issue before we were using the lfs user
> in chapter 5 (pre-3.2) and we use to run chown.  It seems that after the
> kernel was moved to chapter 6, nobody bothered to check if those old
> instructions were still needed.  (thou that's understandable considering
> they had been removed as redundant because of the lfs user)
>
> I'll open a bug in a second, thx.

Uhm what exactly are we talking about here?

The files in $LFS/usr/include/linux and $LFS/usr/include/asm are owned by root
when you use those "cp -R" commands.

Or are we talking about the /usr/src/linux-2.4.19/ directory's contents?

Either way I think the security measures are going a little bit overboard.

If you're paranoid about this happening maybe you should just disconnect from
the network or don't allow people to login while you're LFS'ing.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org