kbd-1.08 patch [was: Re: New kbd package release.]

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 18 12:41:05 PDT 2002

On October 15, 2002 03:50 pm, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> a) patch the manpage as in the patch I've posted. This would be
> inconsistent with LFS systems so far and could be inconsistent with future
> systems (when Andries Brouwer does something with kbd) but at least the
> manpage would reflect the actual behaviour.

I think that's the best option. We generally don't change a program's
behaviour unless it's a blatant bug. Apparently the kbd behaviour is
intentionally so we'll just have to live with it (from a book's perspective).

The kbd patch you posted earlier is on ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs-patches/
now until we've made the upgrade to kbd-1.08 in the book.

> the real default keymap in /usr/share/kbd/keymaps. But who has
> defkeymap.map files lying around outside of /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/?

I dare to say pretty much nobody. Not enough to take into consideration.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org