patch description missing for gcc

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Fri Oct 18 13:06:07 PDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:30:51 -0600 Gerard Beekmans
<gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> On October 18, 2002 01:01 pm, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> > see WHAT they do. But how am I supposed to know WHY  __mktime_internal
> > has to be replaced with __mktime_internal2 in the sh-utils sources in
> > chapter 5?
>
> Good point a description was never added.

Huh? There is a description:

"Before Sh-utils is installed, the sh-utils patch file may need to be
applied. This patch is needed to avoid a conflict of variable names with
certain Glibc versions (usually glibc-2.1.x) when compiling sh-utils
statically. It is however safe to apply the patch even if you are running
 a different glibc version. So, if you aren't sure, it's best to apply
it."

MSB

--
Objectivity is just collective subjectivity.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org