patch description missing for gcc

Bill maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Fri Oct 18 13:17:57 PDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:22:57 -0400 (EDT) Bill maltby - LFS Related
> <lfsbill at wlmcs.com> wrote:
>
> > Rock<->hard-spot. If you are trying to satisfy a more experienced
> > community: a) they can read and understand the patch themselves;
>
> Oh yeah? So "experienced user" implies being able to understand source
> <snip>

> MSB

Was I too "vague"? I see you have totally missed my point. My feeling is
that even with the move to a "more experienced community", the subtleties
of some of the patches (esp. gcc/glibc related) could be expected to cause
some problems. This was *implied* in item b) - the very next clause.

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org