Shutdown scripts

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Fri Oct 18 15:38:19 PDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:52:33 +0000 (UTC)
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> On October 7, 2002 02:42 pm, Vassili Dzuba wrote:
> > Is there some good reason not to change K80network into
> > for instance K45network  (or whatever, but before  K50sendsignals)
>
> By doing that there is a chance that you close the network interfaces while
> applications are still running that are using and depending on it. Yes, you
> should have K scripts for such apps but sometimes things just don't shutdown
> properly and the sendsignals script is the last resort to  make sure there
> are no more open apps before the network is closed.

Well, i will for the moment leave the things as they are in my BLFS profile,
change the order in my own configuration (as i don't for the moment
have any app that need to be shutdown before the network), and leave
any user of the profile choose for himself.

Vassili