more notes...

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sat Oct 19 02:02:25 PDT 2002

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 02:55:02 +0000 (UTC)
evanidus at videotron.ca (Michaël Tousignant) wrote:

> Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> wrote:
>
> > huh?
> >
> > how does making the command MORE obvious require extra explanation?
>
> When you first used bash (or any shell with brace expansion) did you
> know right away that this existed and what it did? The book would need
> to explain it for these peoples.

I think we arent talking about the same thing. I mean we should make the

cp wibbble{,.foo}

become

cp wibble wibble.foo

The sed is actually pretty self documenting, and as LFS is (to a large
extent) a learning aid, it wouldnt kill us to explain it. when I was a
n00b, I had no clue about patch OR sed.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org