more notes...

Allen Brooker allen at brooker.gb.net
Sat Oct 19 02:40:05 PDT 2002

I agree with this, as long as its explained, its more education.

Also, on the sed issue, if we use a patch for everything then people won't
learn what sed is and does, more education. Sed isn't hard to get to grips
with (esp if you already know about regexps, which anyone who programs will
probably know).

Allen

"Gerard Beekmans" <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote in message
news:200210182102.12242.gerard at linuxfromscratch.org...
On October 18, 2002 08:00 pm, Ian Molton wrote:
> The gzip instructions seem to be needlessly unclear, and missing an
> explanation for the sed they use.
>
> cp gzexe.in{,.backup}

It might be unclear when looking at it a first time. Then you read the
command
explanation (yes the one missing now but it'll be added) and learn what it
does. I think it's a rather nice bash construction. If nothing else it's a
little tidbit of education. I'd keep it.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org