Fwd: Re: about patch descriptions

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sat Oct 19 09:00:28 PDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:00:12 -0700 Alan Womack
<arwbackup at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Yes, most C classes "graduate" below C students.  The programs are
> entirely too simple, too generic and too pointless.

Well, in our course the last program to be developed was a simple web
server that could serve static text documents and execute cgis. I think
that's neither simple nor pointless. But it doesn't matter.
The point is that the LFS book's patch descriptions can never provide
information that comes even close to a very bad C course. Trying to use
the patch descriptions to teach non-programmers to fix problems in C code
is futile.

MSB

--
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org