opt dirs

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Sat Oct 19 20:50:25 PDT 2002

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 04:02:30AM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> One thing Im NOT doing is symlinking /usr/local to /usr
>
> it seems to REALLY upset GCC on some packages.
>
> imlib wouldnt behave properly at all - its configure script failed to
> find jpeg-6b, libtiff, libungif OR libpng.

If that's a symlink problem, then I must be extremely lucky. All of my
LFS builds have symlinked /usr/local to /usr. Never has hurt a single
thing. I believe you have an imlib error on your hands, not a problem
with the symlink.

--
Archaic

--
Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods.

- H.L. Mencken

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org