opt dirs

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sat Oct 19 21:11:53 PDT 2002

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 10:50:25PM -0500, Archaic wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 04:02:30AM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> > One thing Im NOT doing is symlinking /usr/local to /usr
> >
> > it seems to REALLY upset GCC on some packages.
> >
> > imlib wouldnt behave properly at all - its configure script failed to
> > find jpeg-6b, libtiff, libungif OR libpng.
>
> If that's a symlink problem, then I must be extremely lucky. All of my
> LFS builds have symlinked /usr/local to /usr. Never has hurt a single
> thing. I believe you have an imlib error on your hands, not a problem
> with the symlink.

I am continually amazed at how things get rehashed over and over on lfs-dev.
The last time this issue came up was with Gerard himself. The thread starts
here:-

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2002/10/0011.html

The upshot, the gcc-3.2 warning about the changing of system include dirs,
breaks some configure scripts. Gcc-3.2.1 supposedly fixes this (ie: is not so
aggressive about issuing the warning)

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org