OT-Re: Sigh... [Re: Vote: Grub vs LILO]

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Sun Oct 20 18:19:38 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 12:03, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On October 14, 2002 03:31 am, James Spinks wrote:
> > ... on the old community web site - whatever
> > happened to that?  ;-)
> >

> Not Jesse's fault. I keep telling him to hold off. I have plans with the main
> LFS site that will most likely include some sort of section like the old
> community site.

Perhaps I am reading more into this then I should be.  And it is getting
really OT for this list.
I am using PostNuke for a website, and for that intent of that site it
is fine i.e. it is essentially a news and discussion site.  Some sites I
admin are plain old static webpages with slowly changing content.  The
local LUG site needs to be a combination of the two (or three).

There is no need to incur the overhead of php (or other server side
scripting) for serving up guides, papers, and other slowly changing
material.  PostNuke is news item oriented and other current forum
platforms tend to be too awkward for chat type interaction.

In short, I am still looking for something that is a good fit.

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,