Fwd: Re: about patch descriptions

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon Oct 21 08:32:26 PDT 2002

On 21 Oct 2002 08:26:21 -0600 Ken Dyke <ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net>
wrote:

> In conclusion, I would argue that we not hide the information or ignore
> it.

We don't. We're not discussing whether or not we should include some
existing information in the book. We're discussing whether someone should
spend time attempting to write something that no one has to the best of my
knowledge ever tried to write and which I believe is impossible to write:
a crash course for understanding and fixing bugs in C code targetted at
non-programmers.
I suggest we end this pointless discussion until someone volunteers to
write this. Believe me, I will be more than happy to admit that I was
wrong and I will do what I can to support inclusion of this information in
the book, _if_someone_can_provide_it_.

Until then, the best the LFS book could do is to tell people to learn C if
they want to understand how to fix bugs in C code. But this is obvious and
has no place in the LFS book.
The LFS book cannot be everything to everybody.

MSB

--
Nietzsche: God is dead!

God: Nietzsche is dead!