Fwd: Re: about patch descriptions

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Mon Oct 21 13:59:52 PDT 2002

Tushar T wrote:

> I don't think the book should include detailed information on what the
> patch does, just a basic one line (to the point) description what the
> patch is for would be ok.

I'm not a programmer, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but....

Shouldn't the programmer, patch author in this case, include comments
saying that the file has been changed from the original, and why?
I thought it was, in my limited knowledge of programming, good rule of
thumb to comment as much as possible about the flow of the program,
as comments have no affect on the size of the finished binary.  If they
want to know what the patch does, it should be no more difficult to type
'vi xxxx.patch'.Oh and wether or not it's usefull for learning....yes I
think
it is..but not for the LFS book.

$0.02

DJ