LFS Distro

Alex Jeppesen alex_jeppesen at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 23:38:11 PDT 2002

Hi! I just joined this list, so forgive me if this has been sugested or done
before. I have installed about 4 linux distro's to try and get ALFS to work.
After 3 gigs of downloading I finaly got Mandrake 8.2 to work, but this got
me to thinking. Why not create a disto based around nALFS. So Iv decided to
create my own distro. Basicly I would boot LFS off the cd and via menus
compile and install all the packages need for a system, posibly including X
Windows. Im new to this open source world. Can I simply take nALFS and put
it on a cd with some scripts and create a distro? Downside to a source
distro, long install because of compile time. Pluses, very very quick to
upgrade pacages. Simply add the .bz2 file and script. Any sugestions or
reading material for creating a distro? Also, what is the best way to create
a kerel that will work on the most hardware, simply say 'y' to every
question in the kernel config? Thanks and advance for your help!

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org